Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Decorations

Remember the Halloween Tree?  Well, it is now the Thanksgiving Tree.  This picture does not do it justice, but to me, it is sweet.  I cut leaves from scrapbook paper and this afternoon I had Galileo* and Little Cowboy* write things for which they were thankful on the back of the leaves.
Too cute and funny.  We have things such as Mom and Dad (too sweet), our cats, food, my brothers, NaNa and Pops,  and the funniest one ~ "computer".  This was written by Little Cowboy after I, trying to give him hints, asked him, "What is something that you use all the time?"  I was thinking more along the lines of water, his bed, etc.  Well, at least he is honest.


 This is "Turkey Under Glass."  


 Our new chalk board in the Butler's Pantry.  This was once a bulletin board that I just painted with chalkboard paint.  I do hope the cork board will hold up.  I love the fact that we can write on it with chalk and also pin notes, pictures, etc.
 In this picture you can see the board that we placed on the wall that holds hooks for essential such as backpacks, jackets, and shopping bags. It was once just an old board that I found and knew it held potential.  What you may not see is that I still need 3 hooks to finish it up.  Must pick those up right away.
 My laundry detergent.  The other day I placed this chipped transferware into the jar and am loving it to dispense the detergent into the wash.  Forget that old plastic scoop; this almost makes laundry fun.

 I am working on getting the Butler's Pantry (which also serves as the laundry and entryway from the garage) decorated.  It serves many purposes and I love it.  I will share more pictures as I continue to create what I want to be a very functional, but welcoming room.

*To protect the privacy and for safety, I will use nicknames for our 3 sons.  They will be referred to as Michelangelo (who is 22 and away at college),Galileo (14), and Little Cowboy (12). 

No comments:

Post a Comment