Monday, November 28, 2011

Table Set for Thanksgiving


 Wanted to share our place setting for Thanksgiving. (Please forgive the glare, but we were enjoying sunshine from the french doors in the dining room.)  Our dishes are Currier and Ives that belonged to my grandmother and this is the first time we have used them.  The napkins are real; I found them at a thrift store a couple of years ago.  The orange berries were gathered by Galileo and I from our sweet neighbor's front lawn. This same sweet neighbor also let me know that he has a holly tree in his backyard if I want to gather red berries for Christmas~oh yes!   I know that I did not follow the exact rules for place settings, but this is how we do it at Linton Cottage.  It was just what we needed and made a beautiful table for us.
One of our yummy deserts ~ carrot cake.  Those are orange sugar pumpkins on top; it was decorated by Little Cowboy.  We also had a hen, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn pudding, English peas, roasted green beans, mac and cheese, fresh baked bread, pound cake and ice cream.

My sweet husband and I went to morning mass while the boys slept in, I was able to get a little walk around the neighborhood before finishing lunch preparations, and then just the 5 of us sat down to a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch.  We definitely had many blessings to be thankful.  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment